[Ads-l] sled = snowmobile

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 8 01:47:02 UTC 2017

FWIW, the one time the topic came up was in the context of recreation, and the Alaskan I was talking to used both “sled” and “snow machine.” My guess was that she used “snow machine” because she knew I was an outsider and then slipped into normal parlance, but it was only one brief conversation, and I think she was a long-time resident, not born in Alaska. BB