[Ads-l] choke up =? emotional

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 10 05:05:25 UTC 2017

I always had to get "emotional" when batting in Little League.

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Barretts Mail <mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:51:04 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: choke up =? emotional

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       Barretts Mail <mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM>

LOL. I would have never used the word =E2=80=9Cemotional=E2=80=9D for =
that situation, in writing or in speech. It never occurred to me that it =
could be used for that situation. I don=E2=80=99t know if that=E2=80=99s =
because of my idiolect or a difference in AmE and BrE.

Her other performances are also amazing :)

BB