[Ads-l] anti-genericization campaign: Velcro

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 28 05:01:17 UTC 2017

This explains why I heard a “criminalist” on a true-crime show describe a
tennis shoe as “having a fastening comprised of multiple loops and hooks,
somewhat similar to Velcro,” instead of saying simply, “… fastened with
velcro.”