[Ads-l] thristy, thirst trap (NSFW)

Mon Apr 2 01:50:39 UTC 2018

I've come across the derisory term "thirsty" several times in the past
year, but it seems to be more than 14 years old. An example with the
appropriate sense in the Urban Dictionary is from 2003.

A few days ago I came across the term "thirst trap". The Urban
Dictionary entry is dated November 22, 2015. Some webpages about
thirst traps are NSFW. Here is a link to the VICE article I saw
containing "thirst trap" in the title.

Date: Feb 27 2017, 11:16am
Article title: We Asked People Why They Post Thirst Traps (NSFW)
Article subtitle: What do people want beyond the initial rush of the 'like'?
Author: Graham Isador
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/wnkej4/we-asked-people-why-they-post-thirst-traps

Thirsty
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thirsty
[Begin excerpt]
1. Too eager to get something (especially play)
2. Desperate
(Boy running up) "Ay gurl whasup? Look, you lookin real nice, can I
get that young number?"

(Girl under breath) "Thirsty"
by Giddy December 03, 2003
[End excerpt]

Thirst Trap
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thirst%20Trap
[Begin excerpt]
A sexy photograph or flirty message posted on social media for the
intent of causing others to publicly profess their attraction. This is
done not to actually respond or satisfy any of this attraction, but to
feed the posters ego or need for attention, at the expense of the
time, reputation and sexual frustration of those who view the image or
reply.

"Hey guys, are these shorts too tight?"
"Screw off with your thirst trap."
by Cycklops November 22, 2015