[Ads-l] over-the-top metaphor of the week

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Thu Apr 12 11:41:37 UTC 2018

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 10:08:41 Zone-0400 Neal Whitman <nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET> posted:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/4/10/1755961/-Cohen-Might-Have-Kryptonite-Of-Trump-s-Fragile-Self-Worth-Tax-Returns

>> If Cohen had a lump of coal in his ass the moment those search
>>warrants arrived, he could have popped out a diamond.

I'm afraid I haven't seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  More relevant might be the Thor movies.  The original "Kryptonite" article consisted of a long string of juvenile invective in which the coal/diamond imagery stuck out like a thor sumb.

- Jim Landau