[Ads-l] If you flattened out West Virginia, it would be bigger than Texas

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 14 15:44:59 UTC 2018

I’ve never been to West Virginia, but having relatives from there, I have heard this my whole life. Today I received an e-mail in which someone talks about a West Virginia transplant who has never heard of this joke.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=434018 <https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=434018>
quadzool
——
If you flatten out West Virginia, would it be bigger than Texas? This is what some (West Virginians, prolly) have claimed. And if this is true, would it still hold true if you flattened out Texas, too?
——

http://mockable.org/a-collection-of-little-known-facts-about-west-virginia-the-mountain-state/ <http://mockable.org/a-collection-of-little-known-facts-about-west-virginia-the-mountain-state/>
mockers

——
Locals often claim that if the many mountains and hills of West Virginia were somehow flattened-out, the state would be larger than Texas.
——

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA