[Ads-l] Murphy's law

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Apr 19 21:09:10 UTC 2018

I believe this variant has been discussed before, but this is an interesting example.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/16/theater/theater-a-memory-of-houdini-and-no-escaping-it-it-s-a-gabfest.html

[a transcript of a discussion between Al Hirschfeld, Ricky Jay, and David Mamet]

"AL HIRSCHFELD: Are you afraid?

RICKY JAY: You know the saying about shows, particularly magic shows: ''You don't know your show until everything that can go wrong does go wrong.'' And I don't think everything's gone wrong yet, so that's my only fear -- that something will go wrong that I've never imagined. But on the other hand, I'm always worrying about it. As David makes me say in one of his movies -- what is that line? ''Worry is interest paid in advance on a debt that never comes due.'' "