[Ads-l] Blue Angel (was kakistrocrat)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Thu Apr 26 12:44:13 UTC 2018

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:07:42 Zone-0400 "David K. Barnhart" <dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM> supplied the following quote:

<quote>In President Trump's cabinet of kakistocrats, it's the scoundrels and
fools who often get the attention. There's Ben Carson and his magic dining
set, the Blue Angels dropping hundreds of thousands in taxpayer cash on first
class and private air travel, and Rick Perry suggesting we subsidize
coal. There's also Ryan Zinke, a Blue Angel himself, who's looking at selling
off around the edges of every national monument you can think of. But the
serious ones-the Adults in the Room-don't feature as often.  Jack
Holmes, "No one knows how anything works," Esquire (Google News), March 28 2018,

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a19618473/trump-wall-pentagon-budget-m
attis-kim-jong-un/
<end quote>

What's a Blue Angel?  Anything like a Blue Dog (which I believe means a right-wing Democrat)?

The only Blue Angels I am familiar with is an Air Force show-off flying group, which made the 3rd line above "the Blue Angels dropping..." sound like fighter planes dropping leaflets.

- Jim Landau