[Ads-l] A way to avoid sentence-final prepositions

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 1 22:01:30 UTC 2018

I've been noticing this in speech for at least two or three years, though
the ex. given is especially awful.

Is it actual "avoidance"? Or the inability to construct that kind of
sentence?

(I think again of the undergraduates - and some graduate students - who
couldn't handle "whose" thirty-odd years ago.)

JL

JL