[Ads-l] old, not bold

Sun Dec 2 19:47:31 UTC 2018

Great work, Charlie. I also noticed the Google Books match in the 1934
"New York State Journal of Medicine", but I could not tell the date
(month) of the issue. (It was a monthly journal in 1909.) Were you
able to determine the month when you verified the citation? You did
not include it in your citation. It may have been printed before the
date of "The Boston Herald" citation which Barry specifies as June 10,
1934.

The "Chicago Tribune" has the close variant "No Old and Bold Flyers"
on August 04, 1935 in a profile of aviators Herbert and Emil Miller.

[Begin excerpt]
No Old and Bold Flyers.
"I believe in proper caution, and in the saying that there is no such
individual as an old and bold flyer. The too bold flyer doesn't get to
be old. Flying is like anything else; it becomes easy if your interest
in it is intense."
[End excerpt]

Garson