[Ads-l] Modern Proverb: If you are not at the table, you may be on the menu.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 14 15:27:36 UTC 2018

Garrett Graff on CNN:

"There's an old saying among Federal prosecutors that "If you're not at the
table, you're ON the table."

(Jeffrey Toobin, legal analyst and former assistant U.S. Attorney, replied
that he'd never heard the saying before, but he would start using it
immediately.)

Google finds this version from at least 2009.

JL