[Ads-l] Facebookery: _huzzies_ "hussies"

paul johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Fri Dec 21 19:07:16 UTC 2018

ARE THEY RANKED? Where would Trollop be? 1) BH. 2) Floozy or 2) Trollop
then floozy?

2)

On 12/21/2018 1:00 PM, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
>> On Dec 21, 2018, at 10:20 AM, paul johnson <paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM> wrote:
>>
>> I always thought :Hussy: had a sort of classical ring to it. Once had a semi drunk bar customer call me over "Paul, meet my Floozie!" But never heard 'hussy' in the wild.
> by US law (enacted in 1950), the word "hussy" is not permitted in public unless accompanied by "brazen".  the law is silent on the /s/ vs. /z/ matter.
>
> arnold the collocator

"Of all kinds of credulity, the most obstinate and wonderful is that of
political zealots; of men, who being numbered, they know not how or why,
in any of the parties that divide a state, resign the use of their own
eyes and ears, and resolve to believe nothing that does not favor those
whom they profess to follow."   – Johnson, Idler #10 (June 17, 1758)