[Ads-l] A new-to-me euphemiism

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 6 00:57:08 UTC 2018

_jack over_ "fuck over"

The black female judge on the TV judge-show, "Hot Bench," lectures a
defendant, saying,

"Sometimes, you _jack over_ the wrong person and he says, 'Enough'!"

In the UD, but without the relevant definition.

OTOH, _fuck over_ is in the UD with a relevant definition: "treat
unfairly." Also in Green's, but with not quite the meanings that I know;
ditto for HDAS. Language-change strikes, again_ "fuck over" is longer
completely distinct from _fuck up, fuck with_.

IME, _fuck over_ "treat unfairly, take unfair advantage of, embarrass,
humiliate" probably covers all of the meanings that I learned in StL. There
was a guy who used to fuck over small children, ca. 3-5 y.o., by saying to
them, "Open your mouth." Then he would blow a hawker into the child's
mouth. A frat-brother used their fraternal relationship to fuck over
another brother by stealing his girlfriend. After a skein of victories,
Dickie announced that he was now "thee [sic] dictator" of chess. In his
very next game, my brother fucked over him by defeating him with a fool's
mate. I'd always taken pride in being the greatest Scrabble player that I
knew. Then, I played a game against my wife and she kicked my natural ass.
She refused to play me ever again. When I asked why not, she fucked over me
by replying, "Because you have no sense of strategy."

--
-Wilson
-----