[Ads-l] "smacked-ass"/"face like a smacked arse"

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 8 21:07:50 UTC 2018

It must have been pretty localized, since I don't recall hearing it growing
up in central NJ. There are examples of "smacked-ass" as both a noun and
adjective on Usenet going back to the early '90s. These two early examples
(one adj. and one n.) both come from Philly student sources.

----
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.humor/0eWStkUVIfk/usyHOWgB46cJ
Jeff DePolo [Univ. of Pennsylvania], rec.humor, 3/18/91
The billboards are as smacked-ass as the town is.
----
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.mud.diku/ai4zjHcElrs/Jb3BPBtxDMcJ
Mike Smith [Temple University], rec.games.mud.diku, 5/1/93
Oh yea, right, like we're going to just scrap all our work just because
some drugged up smacked ass thinks we should.
----