[Ads-l] Antedatings of dickish, adj.

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 9 19:10:42 UTC 2018

Added to the OED in the January 2018 update.

OED: [1991 July], 1992 March

1992 February 14, Murphy, Ailsa, “Re: Sex & paganism (was Re: reply)”, in
alt.pagan:

AZG has fallen in my eyes into the same category as that of Clayton Cramer,
Artemus Ward, and the various passing idiots. i will not answer his posts
unless he insults me personally, as i think if we all ignore him he will go
away. even if we DON'T all ignore him, i don't want to be responsible for
keeping him around... (although it is sexist of me to think AZG is a him.
some women are that dickish and stupid after all...)

1992 March 31, Wellck, Michael, “Re: College Campus Nudity”, in rec.nude:

So basically, if any administrative person wanted to be dickish about it,
they could take "diciplinary action" it they decided that the presence of a
nude body was disruptive (which, unfortunatly, is normally the case).

Links and more details: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dickish#Adjective

Hugo