[Ads-l] Antedatings of e-address, n.

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 9 19:13:01 UTC 2018

Added to the OED in the January 2018 update.

OED: 1994 January

1985 February 28, Brader, Mark, “Duplicate site name "gandalf"”, in
net.news.config:

I've mailed a copy of this to uucpmap and both #E addresses. (I don't have
a clean path to the AT&T gandalf; I'm trying ihnp4.)

1986 January 19, Somsky, W R, “pupthy - princeton university physics
theory”, in net.news.newsite:

#E-Address pupthy!wrs

1986 February 5, Crawford, Matt, “Another diplomacy game begins”, in
net.games.pbm:

To the five who were not selected I have sent a list of each other's names
and e-addresses so that they can more easily solicit two more players and a
GM.

1986 August 31, Gaynor, Andy, “Re: Build a Better MouseTrap”, in
talk.bizarre:

e-address: ...!topaz!gaynor

1986 September 11, Sivaramakrishnan, Anand, “Valerie Polichar's e-address”,
in net.poems:

[Subject: Valerie Polichar's e-address] I tried to mail you a letter, but I
couldn't figure out how to get it to you. It got returned.

Links and more details: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/e-address#Noun

Hugo