[Ads-l] Antedatings of e-liquid, n.

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 9 19:15:35 UTC 2018

Added to the OED in the January 2018 update.

OED: 2009 August

2007 April, “E-Cig.com -”, in E-CIG‎[1]:

Categories: E-Cigar E-MiniCigar E-Cartridge E-Liquid Accessories ...
E-Liquid: tobacco purified liquid with 4 different density.

2008 March 29, Polito, John R., “Do Kennedy and Waxman know about
electronic or e-cigarettes?”, in WhyQuit‎[2]:

Andy: It is far, far cheaper. I don't use cartridges, personally, I use a
technique known as dry-smoking. Basically you put a few drops of the liquid
directly into the atomizer chamber. An 8ml bottle of the E-liquid (roughly
$5 US) lasts me around a week and a half to two weeks. Even when I did use
cartridges, it ended up cutting my cost by about 1/3rd.

[1]
https://web.archive.org/web/20070421165716/http://www.e-cig.com:80/shopping/shopcontent.asp?type=home
[2]
https://web.archive.org/web/20080403055500/http://whyquit.com/pr/032908.html