[Ads-l] Antedatings of e-publishing, n.

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 9 19:19:19 UTC 2018

Added to the OED in the January 2018 update.

OED: 1994

1989 June 10, Townson, Patrick, “Re: In Moderation: A Moderator's
Response”, in news.groups:

And believe it or not, I have nothing against commercial e-mail and
commercial e-publishing. Just not on Usenet. Compuserve is where you go for
that.

1989 June 11, Townson, Patrick, “What Is TELECOM Digest, Anyway?”, in
comp.dcom.telecom:

A few of the original participants from those days are still on the mailing
list today, as we near the end of eight years of e-publishing.

1991 April 18, “Re: RFD: Rec.games.design”, in news.groups:

I think that the court whould not reconize epublising (sic) since it is
much easier to fake you ID, but I whould like to see a test of this made.

1991 April 18, tsource, “Re: RFD: Rec.games.design”, in news.groups:

Why is it that people don't equate Epublishing with paper publishing? Both
have the same desires: spreading of information. Just because one doesn't
bother to put itself onto paper intentionally, should it not have the same
rights as traditional publishing techniques?

Links and more details: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/e-publishing#Noun

Hugo