[Ads-l] Heard in an ad for a local pizzeria:

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Feb 13 18:19:50 UTC 2018

> On Feb 12, 2018, at 10:54 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>

> BTW, what do your NEPA locals have to say WRT the pronunciation of, e.g.
> "that's mine" as "that's Mayan”?

Just checked with one, who said she says /mayn/, and then went on to ask “Were you looking for ‘Mayan’?” So it’s certainly another shibboleth, even if not universally manifested in the area.  Who knew?  She also recommended this website:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sMI2jb16eo

LH