[Ads-l] New proverb

Thu Feb 15 02:34:34 UTC 2018

Researcher Barry Popik sent me (and others) an email message pointing
to the valuable work he performed exploring the history of this quip:

“If I could walk on water, you’d say that I can’t swim” (bad press)
https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/if_i_could_walk_on_water/

Barry found that the humor was applied to President Richard Nixon in
1974, and a precursor was circulating by 1945.

Garson