[Ads-l] salty

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 22 23:36:32 UTC 2018

Just watched an interview with one of the (white) U.S. Olympic women hockey players. She had scored the first goal in the game last night but was on the local TV coverage because she had attended Choate, near here.  She was asked how she felt after settling for the silver in 2014 and 2010 and she responded “A bit salty”.  Thanks to ads-l (and urban dictionary), I know what she meant, but I was interested in the fact that “salty” seems to have made this jump.

LH