[Ads-l] Quote: The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them

Fri Feb 23 21:19:57 UTC 2018

The Quote Investigator website now has a lengthy article about the
saying in the subject line which has been attributed to Vladimir
Lenin, Joseph Stalin, and Karl Marx. A list member helped to verify a
key citation.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/02/22/rope/

[Begin excerpt]
Great thanks to John McChesney-Young and the University of California,
Berkeley library system for help verifying the 1955 citation.
[End excerpt]

The earliest close match I found appeared in 1955. Novelist and
historian Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn told an interesting germane anecdote
during a speech in 1975, but I do not know Solzhenitsyn's source.

Feedback welcome
Garson