[Ads-l] Series of "Ye Olde" phrases, partially explained

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 2 21:46:34 UTC 2018

In hopes (well, so the story goes) of replacing the cliches (likened *“to
the English language what dead sheep around a dried up waterhole are to
agriculture.”* [Don Watson]) in:
"*The piece around workplace jargon is moving forward, with the team
hitting the ground running. We’ve got our ducks in a row, have drilled down
into our learnings — let’s run it up the flagpole and see the result."*

There is:
https://theconversation.com/13-ye-olde-phrases-that-would-be-far-better-in-the-workplace-89012

*in the quill* or *jumping in quill   (*acting as one team)
*with saucy rigging* or *with saucy oars   (*risky behaviour)
*being loaded for bear    *(ready for anything)
*Sibsomeness*, *somredness*, *onehead*, *onehood   *(synergy)
*bolting the flour *or *through-seek*   (drilling down)
*furtherhead     *(prioritize)
*ferking out, up, off or forward  *(going forward)

Not sure this is an improvement:
The piece around workplace jargon is* ferking out, *with the team *jumping
the quill loaded for bear. *We* bolted the flour of(?) *our learnings *—
let’s run it up the flagpole and see the result.*

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell
608 261-5738 wk