[Ads-l] Heard on American Greed: a proverb

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 14 22:27:21 UTC 2018

On American Greed, the most common crime is _pretending_ to found a
financial institution, one that supposedly pays _far_ higher interest-rates
on deposits than other such institutions do, demonstrating that it's
trivial to cheat an honest man, if he's also greedy.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 8:15 PM, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at netscape.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:30:36 Zone - 0500 the honest Wilson Gray <
> hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> >
> >"You can steal more money with a ballpoint than at gunpoint."
> >
> Related, and probably earlier than ballpoint pens, from Brecht and Weill's
> Der Dreigroschenoper (The Threepenny Opera)
>
> "What is the crime of robbing a bank compared with the crime of founding
> one?"
>
> I don't know when this was first translated from German into English.
>
> - Jim Landau

> Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

-Wilson
-----