[Ads-l] Origins of "Greed Is Good"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 19 20:39:32 UTC 2018

Trailers are often made while the movie is still being made. It is not
surprising (to me, at least) that footage shows up in the trailer that does
not appear in the final film. It is a different decision process, and the
preview trailer is usually finished long before the movie.

Here is the extended quote from the script:

"The point is, ladies and gentlemen, greed is good. Greed works, greed is
right. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the
evolutionary spirit. Greed in all its forms, greed for life, money, love,
knowledge, has marked
the upward surge of mankind -- and greed, mark my words -- will save not
only Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the
USA...Thank you."

DanG