[Ads-l] Shoulda seen it coming....

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 22 01:09:00 UTC 2018

Peter Reitan, can you find any plausible "less sinister meaning" here?
especially taking into account  John Baker's observation?

Mark

________________________________

From: Baker, John JBAKER at stradley.com
Date: Jan 18, 2018, 10:32 AM

It’s important to remember that Trump did not just characterize Haiti, El
Salvador, and African countries as “shithole” or “shithouse” countries.
Either term is offensive to those countries, but by itself it can be
understood as just a crude way of saying that the countries are poor places
where it is unpleasant to live. But what Trump actually said, according to
the Washington Post, was “Why are we having all these people from shithole
countries come here?” In other words, he asserted that people are
inherently undesirable simply because they come from those countries. There
is no sugar-coating that sentiment, even if he had said “Why are we having
all these people from countries without plumbing come here?”

John Baker