[Ads-l] Proverb: If you want something done, ask a busy person

Wed Jan 31 17:43:46 UTC 2018

The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs (DMP), The Yale Book of Quotations
and the Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs contain entries for the saying
in the subject line. A 1905 citation is the earliest listed. Barry
Popik posted two pertinent messages to this mailing list back in 2006
and presented a close variant in 1898.

The Quote Investigator website now has an article with an 1856
citation that was located by Nigel Rees.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/01/30/busy/

Advertisement: My book "Hemingway Didn't Say That" was Kindle
bestseller #52 for 2017.  Foreign translation rights have now been
sold in Turkey, Taiwan, and Russia. The book earned out its advance.
So my publisher Little A Books (An Imprint of Amazon) and my editor
Barry Harbaugh should be happy.

Thanks to all the list members for help and encouragement over the years.

Garson