[Ads-l] Schnatter

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 11 23:32:24 UTC 2018

As fun as it may be to pile on the John of Papa John (and Deadspin
enumerates the sins), the latest "controversy" is a bit misguided. Judging
just from available snippets, we appear to have stepped, once again, into
use vs. mention dichotomy. In this case, even the mention might well have
been ill-advised, but most headlines/stories report that Shnatter "used the
N-word". And, of course, that generates instant offense. (One would suspect
that his presence on the Board was offensive to begin with but that's
another story.)

VS-)

https://deadspin.com/pizza-boy-john-schnatter-resigns-from-louisville-board-1827526185

Pizza dipshit John Schnatter reportedly resigned from the University of
Louisville Board of Trustees Wednesday, after admitting to using the n-word
in a conference call with marketing executives in May
<https://deadspin.com/papa-john-made-some-people-mad-after-allegedly-using-th-1827510327>
.

Schnatter emailed a statement to ForbesWednesday
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2018/07/11/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-allegedly-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#6d8be8ce4cfc>
afternoon
in which he confirmed reports that he’d referenced lynching and said
“Colonel Sanders called blacks n–––s” during a conference call, comments
that offended multiple individuals participating in the call:

"News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to
me during a media training session regarding race are true," he said.
"Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place
in our society."