[Ads-l] to troll =? take the mickey

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Thu Jul 12 02:19:46 UTC 2018

In the London-centered BrE I was used to while living there, the question
"are you taking the Mickey" means something like "are you kidding", leaning
towards "are you fucking with me?" This doesn't quite work with your
"trolling" sense, though it's otherwise close. (Mickey is of course rhyming
slang for piss.)

Chris

Chris Waigl . chris.waigl at gmail.com . chris at lascribe.net
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net . http://chryss.eu