[Ads-l] Media request (Business Insider) about language and nature

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 25 18:22:56 UTC 2018

ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> via
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> listserv.uga.edu
wrote:

> The sounds made by a rooster are represented in many ways. Here is a
non-academic webpage on the topic. ( I do not know if it is accurate):

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo: Dialects of the Rooster
http://www.bootstrappin.com/2008/10/cock-a-doodle-doo-
dialects-of-the-rooster/

There was a recent "Now I Know" blog
http://nowiknow.com/the-surprising-story-behind-the-sound-of-sneezes/

about the various sounds of sneezes, onomatopoeia they may be, but there's
a lot of them:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneeze#Sound

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com