[Ads-l] "... there's just one of them"

GEOFFREY NUNBERG nunbergg at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 26 05:41:37 UTC 2018

Puts me in mind of the remark that Chomsky attributes to Rebecca West, who, asked about possible worlds, replied, “One of the damn thing is enough.” Hard to say which is more implausible, Rebecca West being asked about possible worlds, or her having an opinion on the matter. (Chomsky’s citing her would come  in there somewhere, if it hadn’t actually happened.) But somebody surely said it. If it hasn’t already been done, some quote sleuth might want to  track this one down.

http://tinyurl.com/y7tk7fjz

Geoff

Geoffrey Nunberg
School of Information