[Ads-l] A puzzle for prescriptivists

Tue Jul 31 21:24:47 UTC 2018

Ben mentions cold-call as a precursor to cold email. Here are some
similar forms; hyphens seem to be uncommon, but I found an example of
"cold-contact".

cold-contact, cold message, cold mail, cold tweet

How to Cold-Contact Employers...Even If You're Cold-Call Reluctant
The most potent way to land a job is cold contact. Here are my
thoughts on how to do it and to overcome cold-call reluctance.
http://martynemko.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-cold-call-or-cold-contact.html

How do I cold message someone on LinkedIn with whom I have no connection?
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-cold-message-someone-on-LinkedIn-with-whom-I-have-no-connection

How to cold mail your way up the career ladder | Newstalk
https://www.newstalk.com/How-to-cold-mail-your-way-up-the-career-ladder

YEC - How to "Cold Tweet" a prospective client on Twitter... | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/theyec/posts/how-to-%22cold...a/645411805511494/

Garson