[Ads-l] to kneecap

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jun 8 03:45:45 UTC 2018

Since Jon hasn’t jumped in, I’ll mention that HDAS’s _kneecap_ entry does include an “also used fig.” note, consistent with entries like those below, or this one from the HDAS entry:

1990 New Yorker. In March House majority leader Dick Gephardt got kneecapped by the White House for suggesting [economic aid to Russia].

LH