[Ads-l] ham (antonym of spam) 2003

Fri Jun 29 13:26:37 UTC 2018

Below is an instance of the phrase "Spam? or Ham? or ?????" within a
Usenet message in January 2001. The larger context suggests that "Ham"
means non-spam in this message. The first message below is a product
endorsement which looks like a spam message. The reply message uses
the target phrase.

During a quick search I found some earlier instances of "spam or ham"
that were within recipes or, to me, were ambiguous.

From: guitar_... at my-deja.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic
Subject: hot new Amplifier cover w/pockets to store all your gear
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:18:10 GMT

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic/xoPUElTbktc/_GoZt09YaEsJ

[Begin excerpt]
Check out this cool site i found....They offer a custom fit amplifier cover
with pockets on it,, to store all your gear...Where were these guys 10 years
ago..I have misplaced so much stuff....anyway here's the link....
http://www.kanarooampcovers.com ...check it out.......Can't wait to get
mine................Guitar_pickher
[End excerpt]

Below is a response from a person that questions the value of the message above.