[Ads-l] ADS-L Digest - 3 Mar 2018 to 4 Mar 2018 (#2018-62)

Shawnee Moon moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 5 12:59:22 UTC 2018

~ “...I’m sure I’ve come across other attempts at X-splaining—“whitesplaining” (or “white-’splaining”) gets a number of hits and an urbandictionary entry--but two relatively novel ones in the same section of a newspaper seems like a sign.  Maybe Ben will remind me that the ATNW crew has already explored this culvert of lexicon valley but I trust new data points are always useful.”

The “‘splain” I am most familiar with was frequently quoted by Ricky Ricardo when he scolded Lucy.

“Looo-seeee!? Splain, Lucy!”