[Ads-l] _on the bone_ in the UD

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 6 19:18:22 UTC 2018

"Having an erect penis; having a boner; having a hard on; being on hard"
November 23, 2006

>From time to time, I look to see whether some random slang that I know has
been documented somewhere or other. In this case, I have found the _exact_
definition in, of all places, the Urban Dictionary. And note that "hard on"
is spelled out as two words and that the phrase, "on hard," also occurs.
It's "like a letter from home," to coin a phrase.

I became familiar with "on the bone" ca. 1947, "hard on" and "on hard" ca.
1943, though the latter two phrases probably can be dated to the Creation.
Oddly, I never heard "boner" - except in the meaning, "egregious error" -
till 1969.
--
-Wilson
-----