[Ads-l] Death Date of Etta Blaisdell McDonald

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 8 16:40:41 UTC 2018

Died November 18, 1963 at age 91.

Obituary from the Tampa Tribune, November 20, 1963, page 2-A (page 23 on Newspapers.com pagination).

"Mrs. Etta A. McDonald

Mount Dora (Special) -

Mrs. Etta Austin McDonald, 91, died Monday.  She had lived in Mount Dora since 1935.  She was born in Manchester, N. H. and was graduated from the state Normal School at Framingham, Mass., in 1891.  Mrs. McDonald was a teacher and later the principal of a training school for teachers and finally a supervisor of elementary grades in public schools.  She wrote three series of school readers and 20 books for supplementary reading.  During World War I she took over the management of the Chandler Secretarial School in Boston.  There are no immediate survivors."

[END]

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Stephen Goranson <goranson at DUKE.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:01 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Death Date of Etta Blaisdell McDonald

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       Stephen Goranson <goranson at DUKE.EDU>

I don't know, but, in case it's a lead, a 1938 copyright lists her (Etta Au=
stin Blaisdell McDonald) as living in Mount Dora, Florida.

Stephen

Catalog of Copyright Entries 1938-1919 p. 59

https://books.google.com/books?id=3DGg8jAQAAIAAJ&pg=3DPA195&lpg=3DPA195&dq=
=3DMount+Dora+blaisdell&source=3Dbl&ots=3D16kNfYUOay&sig=3D8BNzKjqYl8bU7Thm=
6e8yrXWkIB0&hl=3Den&sa=3DX&ved=3D0ahUKEwjwr9HTutzZAhURVt8KHfgmBVgQ6AEILzAD#=
v=3Donepage&q=3DMount%20Dora%20blaisdell&f=3Dfalse