[Ads-l] Utahns

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 13 23:04:24 UTC 2018

OED2 (1993 addition) has "Utahan" from 1855 and "Utahn" from 1922. Here's
"Utahn" from 1897-8:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/18270618/utahns/
Chicago Tribune, July 13, 1897, p. 7
Utahns to Celebrate Jubilee.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/18270476/utahns/
Salt Lake City Tribune, Feb. 25, 1898, p. 8
The much-talked-of Klondike will number among its inhabitants this year
many Utahns.

There was also a Salt Lake City newspaper called "The Utahnian" from 1896-7
(archived in Proquest's American Periodical Series), but that one didn't
catch on.