[Ads-l] wing chung - n. 2007, v. 2008

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 18 17:53:33 UTC 2018

When Googling for “wing chuned” a few minutes ago, I mistakenly had “wing chunged" in my head and I think the noun form “wing chung”, too, but it’s always hard to go back in time in your brain.

1. cerca [sic] 2007

The use of the Spanish article is mildly interesting

"Wing Chung V13 - Dave Graham”
https://vimeo.com/85187925 <https://vimeo.com/85187925>
about 0:35 in

wing chee or wing chung or el ching or whatever it’s called
——

2. 16 June 2008
http://bit.ly/2FIEKMQ <http://bit.ly/2FIEKMQ>
“Hulk Stomp”
by admin

M. Night Shyamalan‘s The Happening opened in the three spot, failing to unseat the animated kung foolery of Jack Black‘s Kung Fu Panda which wing chunged its way to $34.3 mil.
——

3. 2009
http://bit.ly/2G2uyOS <http://bit.ly/2G2uyOS>
The Art of Western Tai Chi Ch'uan: The Supreme Ultimate & Sweet Science of Boxing with 10 Limbs
by Gurjot K. Singh, M. Ed. Singh
p. 158

The merger of offense and defense to aggressively bring oneself into close proximity to an opponent and stay in close proximity while nullifying the opponent’s strike is a Wing Chung strategy of movement…. Although both Wing Chung Chi Sao … Wing Chung is an aggressive defense….
——

4. 20 May 2017 - verb
A Universal Widget - In the Realm of Forms
by Garrison Clifford Gibson
http://bit.ly/2pmSVxb <http://bit.ly/2pmSVxb>

A tall, strong image of the beast Anadogna strode purposefully in walking to the saleswoman to put a wing changed hand on her throat.
——

5. Undated

https://chusmartialarts.com/Styles/wing-chung-kung-fu <https://chusmartialarts.com/Styles/wing-chung-kung-fu>
"Wing Chun Kung Fu in Thornhill, Ontario”

The title (see the HTML source) of the page is “Wing Chung Kung Fu Program”, which may have just been a webpage designer misspelling it, not the wing chun kung fuers themselves.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA