[Ads-l] Heard on Corrupt Crimes: _to put on_ "to pretend, to fake it"

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 29 11:56:14 UTC 2018

For what it may be worth, a negative datapoint: growing up in NYC (white,
with little African American contact) in the 50s and 60s, AFAIK I never
heard this usage either, and hadn't till now.

Mark, always interested