[Ads-l] Heard annoyingly often with "for"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 9 00:01:38 UTC 2018

> ya gotta admit it makes sense

Not I. I can't feature it. OTOH, It seems to me that "convicted _of_" is
totally unused by the common herd, whether by the police or by "civilians,"
and I watch hours of "real-life" cop shows. I'm currently watching American
Greed, whose protagonists are, if they're unlucky,  occasionally convicted
for fraud.🤡

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Mark Mandel <mark.a.mandel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Annoying to us elders, but ya gotta admit it makes sense.
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2018, 11:10 PM Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "convicted _for_ [...]"; Google: About 892,000 results
> >
> > "convicted _of_ [...]"; Google: About 1,170,000 results
> >

> > _Of_ still leads, but _for_ is coming up quickly on the inside.
> >

> > --
> > -Wilson
> > -----
> > All say, "How hard it is that we have to die!"---a strange complaint to
> > come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
> > -Mark Twain

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain