[Ads-l] "the greatest thing to happen to TV since sliced bread"

Tue May 22 15:19:00 UTC 2018

There was a mailing list discussion in May 2017 about "greatest thing
since sliced bread".
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2017-May/147680.html

Peter Reitan created an entry on this topic that includes earlier
examples of "best thing since" advertising, e.g., "the best thing
since the jointed fishing rod" (1895).
https://esnpc.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-best-thing-before-sliced-bread.html

Barry Popik also has an entry which I linked in the previous mailing
list thread.
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/the_greatest_thing_since_sliced_bread

Garson