[Ads-l] Quote: Sir your letter is before me, and it will presently be behind me. Attributed to Lord Sandwich

Geoffrey Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Mon Oct 1 06:12:00 UTC 2018

I share Mark’s memory of this story, and vaguely recall

that it was a reply to a music critic, and the speaker was either

Beethoven or Schubert.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan

Professor Emeritus and Retired Chief Privacy Officer

Wayne State University

Detroit, Michigan