[Ads-l] Article in Dictionaries: Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 3 10:57:27 UTC 2018

The latest issue of Dictionaries: Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America has an article by me entitled "Confessions of the Antedater."  This tells, for the first time, the full story of how I came to be an "antedater" and it is perhaps a more colorful story than one might expect.

In the article I mention some of the other people who have made notable contributions to antedating: Barry Popik, Stephen Goranson, Bonnie Taylor-Blake, Garson O'Toole, Bill Mullins, Sam Clements, Charles Doyle.  I will email the article to these people.  If anyone else is interested, please let me know and I can email it to you.

Fred Shapiro