[Ads-l] born on third base

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 4 00:59:47 UTC 2018

It was Jim Hightower, not Ann Richards, who used the "third base" line
about George H.W. Bush. See Barry Popik's page for this and much more
(including the early form given upthread by Peter Reitan, which Barry dates
to 1934).

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/born_on_third_base_and_thinks_he_hit_a_triple_a_privileged_person