[Ads-l] "What Happens in" story is now online (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Oct 4 22:15:04 UTC 2018

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I don't see much on the subject phrase in the archives, or on Barry's site.

NY Daily News 20 Jul 1956 p 23-C col 4
"What happens in the clubhouse on occasions like this should stay in the clubhouse."

Miami [FL] News 20 Jul 1970 p 2-B col 7
"What happens in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse."

NY Daily News 4 Dec 1980 p M-10 col 1
"We insist that what happens here stays with us."

Pittsburgh Press 6 Jun 1983 p C-6 col 1
"What happens in our clubhouse stays in our clubhouse."

Cleveland Plain Dealer 6 Aug 1987 p 6-C col 1
""What happens in the office, stays in the office," O'Brien said."

Fort Lauderdale FL South Florida Sun Sentinel 28 Dec 1988 p C-1 col 1
"Sorry, Jimmy, what happens here stays here."

The vast majority of the earliest cites I found were in a sports context.
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED