[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Article in Dictionaries: Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 12 00:05:03 UTC 2018

 At this point, Jerry, I think it is safe to say "never."

For those who don't know, Prof. Cohen (sometimes in tandem with the equally
assiduous Barry Popik) has enlarged our knowledge of the English lexicon
immeasurably over the last thirty-plus years, especially through his
newsletter, _Comments on Etymology_.

He and Connie Eble of UNC were especially (let's be frank: almost uniquely)
generous in sharing their own researches with the editor of HDAS.

DJT