[Ads-l] Apparently brainless reporting on alternative 3rd person pronouns

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 17 20:07:39 UTC 2018

> And "Ye" is the nickname of Kanye West.

True, but it's pronounced not "yee," but "yea," so that it's essentially
the same word as _ye_, pronounced "yay," one of the multitude of alt-terms
for marijuana.

> An entirely new pronoun is required.

> I suggest "dumbo."

"Thou hast said it," as Jesus once remarked.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 2:29 PM Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And "Ye" is the nickname of Kanye West. I refuse to choose between sexism
> and gratuitous publicity.
>
> An entirely new pronoun is required.
>
> I suggest "dumbo."
>
> JL
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 2:18 PM W Brewer <brewerwa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > <You>, of course, is notoriously sexist, since it rhymes with <ewe>.
> > Replace with <ye>.

> --

-Wilson
-----