[Ads-l] overtwerk

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 19 01:05:53 UTC 2018

I checked the podcast version of the show:

https://art19.com/shows/deadline-white-house/episodes/32c01331-cce4-4bac-9048-660929f906aa

At around 11:30 in the audio, Michael Schmidt of the New York Times says:

"Those things are hard to piece together, because I think there's some
thought that Stone may have been over-twerking publicly what he really
knew."

Schmidt likely meant "over-tweaking" (i.e., "overadjusting"), which would
make some sense given the context. Here's someone who came to the same
conclusion:

https://twitter.com/VincentWright/status/1053016493024251904
"Did Michael Schmidt just say 'over-twirking' instead of 'over-tweaking'?"