[Ads-l] the bee's knees (1920)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 20 12:48:32 UTC 2018

To be a little more precise, "the bee's knees" (and similar expressions)
mean "something extraordinary or superlative."  Some early exx. imply
frustration or amazement rather than appreciation. (Of the sort, "Ain't
that the bee's knees?")

"The berries" was used similarly.

JL